Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What made me smile :)

Usually when Mr. Freeman comes back from work he doesn't ask me how my day was, he asks me what made me smile.
I like that.
It helps me count my blessings instead of brooding over how many times Master Elliot told me "no" or how Miss Avery emptied the entire contents of my wallet multiple times.
What made me smile today was the little sprinkle of rain we got and watching my kids enjoy it.

Can you tell I'm looking forward to Halloween?
I still don't even know what I'm going to dress up as.
Any ideas?

What makes me smile is different every day.
Sometimes it's sweet Elliot giving me a big hug and kiss telling me he loves me.
Sometimes it's Andrew Dear giving me smooches.
Sometimes it's Avery Bug making a funny face.

Yesterday it was making homemade cookies and sharing them with the people I love that made me smile the biggest.
(Elliot and Avery both have a cookie in their hands in the above pictures.)
What makes you smile?
To share the love here his the recipe to these yummy cookies. Compliments of Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, 14th edition.

Oatmeal cookies
preheat oven to 375
combine:
3/4 c butter, softened
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
add:
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional) - I always add the cinnamon.
1/4 tsp ground cloves (optional) - I don't have cloves and it tastes fine without.
mix:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
add:
1 1/2 c flour - I always do 1/4 c wheat flour and the rest white and you can never taste the wheat.
2 c rolled oats
Lastly add:
1 c raisins or choc. chips (optional)
bake:
8-10 minutes

They are easy breezy to make and taste delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment