Sunday, October 17, 2010

MCC Orchestra Concert details

I just woke up from my Sunday nap and now Mr. Freeman is taking his. Sunday naps are the Whoop Diggity Best Ever! Although, while I took my nap hubby was on the computer and now it's slow. I think the computer needs a nap too.

Just want you to know MCC's Orchestra concert is this Tuesday at 7:00pm. Don't come until closer to 8:00pm unless you want to hear the MCC Jazz band and Concert Band, who will be performing before us. The performance is at the Mesa Art Center. Admission is $8, $5 students and seniors.

We are playing some amazing music!

Beethoven's Leonore Overture No. 3, Opus 72 - This one starts out really slow but gets moving before long! I love Beethoven. He is such a genius.


Dvorak's Slavonic Dances, Op. 46, 1 - This one is my favorite. It's a dance and that's exactly how we play it. So light and fun.

Schubert's Symphonie In H moll, 1st mov. - This piece is more intense and has a lot of emotion. You may have heard it before. I love this recording! I wish I were in the orchestra in the recording!

Ok, thank you for bearing with me and my love of classical music. Please support me as Principal Vioist by come to my orchestra concert at The Piper in the Mesa Arts Center this Tuesday!

Now I'll go so my computer can have a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment