Thursday, April 26, 2012

RIT dye project

I've been wanting to try out fabric dye for a while and Avery's over-worn GAP jeans were the perfect excuse.  They're almost too small for her but they're good quality.  I fully intend on passing Avery's best clothes to Zara so I look forward to seeing them get more use.
I've been told to have no expectations when using fabric dye.  For example, I was surprised that the blue metal tack on the side pocket turned black.  My favorite parts about this project was how easy and inexpensive it was.  The stove top method was perfect for this size project.  The only thing I would do different is wear latex gloves.  I look forward to mixing dyes to create new colors and trying different techniques.  The end product was just what I desired.  Not sure what took me so long to try it out!  If you've done any fabric dying feel free to  leave a link below so I can check it out!

1 comment: