Friday, November 5, 2010

It's the simple things

My sister, Ruth, is in the Westwood High School Marching Band and my mom happens to be the head of the Band Boosters, or whatever it's called. I was asked to make some Texas Sheet cake for the band. It was a first so I tried two different recipes to see which one was better. The cake on the right was the winner! Recipe here. The difficulty in baking today was not trying a new recipe but trying not to lick my fingers all the time. It was so good!

This was not my first time being involved with Westwood marching band. Did you know I'm on the Westwood Marching Band Hair Braiding Committee? Alright, so I only did it once, but I want to help again - I've just been too busy. It's really a lot of fun.

***********************

I mow my own lawns and because I do I have a lot of pride in them. Down to the last weed. Below are some weeds called Dandelions, I think. A lot of people think they're pesky but I think they're beautiful.
Below is the watermelon plant we planted from seed earlier this year. It produces flowers, but not fruit, but I don't care. The vines look so pretty.
This is the first time we've had winter grass. It looks so bright and fresh. I love it.
You may think it's silly how much I love my yard but it's the simple things in life that make it worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment