Friday, November 20, 2020

Halloween cookies

 

These photos are obviously from last month.  It was one of those things I thought would be fun to do with the kids, and then I got all into it and controlling and wanted to decorate them myself.  Rupert and one of the girls helped with the bats.  That was a tube frosting - such a mess.  I also messed up on the white icing.  We don't have meringue powder and thought arrowroot powder would be a good replacement.  It just made the icing thick and hard to work with.  I finally got the right consistency for the yellow icing - look at those moons!  Still sloppy (except for the moons which were just dipped) but this was stills much fun, and of course we all enjoyed eating them.  I also forgot how much of a mess it makes decorating a few sugar cookies.  Worth it though!


Zara helped with the faces on some of these ghosts.  She has always been a good little helper!







Now I need to decide what Christmas sugar cookies I want to make!  I guess I'll wait until after Thanksgiving though.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment