Sunday, November 29, 2020

Andrew birthday cake

 

Andrew was gone for church meetings most of today and he already left when I decided to make his cake. Instead of asking what cake he would like, usually something chocolate, I made the cake I wanted to make.  A new recipe, very wintery, from this post I saw on Instagram.  It looked so dreamy, it was calling to me.


First, the cake batter and bake.  Then the ginger cookies baked and frosted.  The assembling happened after church.  Zara, Avery, and Rupert helped with the ginger house and tree decorating.


The girls helped update the letter board for the new season.  Very festive!


Glad Andrew likes ginger cakes too!  It's not a sticky ginger cake like they are in England, but the house smelled so good and it was a good texture.


Percy couldn't wait to dig in to some treats!  


Was it my favorite cake to eat?  No, but it was one of my most time consuming.  Such a special cake and a good Sunday activity.  Avery also helped put up the little village on the shelves.  She did a great job!  They're extra magical then the lights are turned on.


It's so fun trying something new and creative.  Especially something to eat, and share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment