Tuesday, November 24, 2020

35 years around the sun

 

Today I turned 35.  It was a special day spent with some of my favorite people.  I felt very loved today.  After taking Elliot and Ian to Heritage we dropped Beatrix off at Ruth's for a breakfast date.  We went to Joe's Farmgrill, my favorite!



Next we grabbed a hot chocolate and the Salt River bar (another favorite!) at Liberty Market.


Ruth watched Bea all morning and after school Rupert played most of the afternoon and Bea came home for a nap.  I got a nap too, and then went to Chandler Fashion Square, without kids!


Andrew knows me so well and gifted me books by cooks from Great British Bakeoff.  We've been watching the recent episodes every Friday night and we both look forward to it!  So excited about both these cookbooks.  I didn't ask for them so it was a fun surprise.

Julie and the Mannings gave me the beautiful flowers and chocolate.  So thoughtful, and the flowers really are stunning.  We missed seeing them but will tomorrow!


Can't get over how adorable this card is.  Just how we did it growing up, and my family tries to - everyone signs in themselves.


Lots of special cards, some from all the way in England, and many precious homemade ones from the kids and Andrew.  They're the best.


Kristy gifted me all these earrings.  This was after Avery and Zara each picked a set.  The ornaments are from Anthropologie.  Apparently the "Z"s are out of stock.  This is the second or third time I've gotten the special monogram ornaments from Anthro.  So pretty!  


I really wanted to have dinner as a family and the kids love pizza so Grimaldi's was the perfect place.  I used a birthday coupon to get a free pizza and we all had a great time.  After dinner we took the kids to a little ice-cream treat before going somewhere new and special.





We all loved the World of Illumination.  This was the first time for everyone.  You book ahead a time and pay per vehicle.  When you get there there's a radio station that plays music the lights are choreographed to.  Such a fun and special family activity.  This might become a new tradition.





This is a sweet slideshow Zara made for me.  Avery made one too but I don't have it yet.  I love seeing Zara's creativity and a little of her heart through this video. :)  What a specially birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment