Saturday, July 23, 2016

favorites

It's been a busy Saturday and I didn't spend as much time with the kids.  I had a rehearsal and performance for one of Rob Gardener's choir and orchestra music and narration program in honor of Pioneer Day tomorrow.  We also perform tomorrow night.  I miss orchestra so this has been a good experience, even though it's not to the performance level I have done in the past.

I thought it would be fun to share some recent favorites of mine!  I discovered podcasts in the fall and started listening to them while running.  Now I also listen to them while running errands, folding laundry, etc..

My top 3 Podcasts:

1. Happier with Gretchen Rubin: She shares this podcast with her sister Elizabeth Craft and they are quite funny to listen to.  Gretchen is an author that delights in habit making.
2. The Lively Show: by Jess Lively.  Lots of interviews about growing a business and life with intention.  She's also been touring Europe lately and sharing those adventures.
3. Stuff You Missed in History: Hosted by Tracy and Holly these women are hilarious!  This is a place where you go to learn all sorts of random facts about people, places, events, etc... from all over the world throughout all of history.

My top 3 Blogs:

1. Style by Emily Henderson:  Emily is so talented in design and styling, has a great sense of humor, and is a mother of two living in CA.  Some of my favorite recent posts of hers are 84 Amazing Sofas Under $1000, Budget Friendly Ready-made Curtain Roundup, and The Best Wallpaper Roundup (Ever).  Such a good resource plus she has some dreamy design videos.
2. Love Taza:  I've been following Naomi and her adventures with her family since right after her first baby was born when they were living in Washington DC.  Now they have two more kids and live in NY.  They travel all over, but mostly I like her posts because they make me smile.
3. Little Green Notebook: Jenny Komenda is a designer that lives here in Arizona!  She doesn't post as often but she has a mature taste in design that I want more of in my life!  She also is the queen of DIY and makes it look so easy.  There are many projects she's posted that I want to tackle in my own home.

Ok those are a few of my current favorites.  Thanks for indulging me!

No comments:

Post a Comment