Sunday, July 15, 2012

5 candles, one wish

Yesterday marked the day of me being a mother for 5 years.  I'll always think of Elliot's birthday like that because he will always be my first.  I set up this cute display for his birthday party but it didn't even last half an hour with the rain and water balloon fight.  It was all for me anyway.  Elliot was oblivious to my efforts in making his day aesthetically pleasing because he was too busy playing with his toys and being with friends. That's the way it should be.  I can't imagine life without my boy.  He's my Peter Pan, except somehow he keeps growing.  Children always do that.  Reach a milestone before I'm ready and without permission.

2 comments:

  1. They won't notice the effort now but it becomes part of them. You may be surprised one day when it comes out all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel the exact same way about my little boy - he'll always be my first! Being a mom is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete