Monday, October 18, 2021

Bounder Canyon trail


A couple weeks ago on conference weekend Chris, Dillon, and Dad joined me on a hike.  This was a new one to all of them.  It was my second time since I hike Boulder Canyon a year ago training for the Grand Canyon.  Last year was a difficult and learning experience.  This time was much better.  Great company and I knew how far I wanted to go.

Chris and I took the lead and turned around around the 4 mile mark.  We made it all the way to the sign that meets up with Second Water trail.  Dillon and Dad weren't far behind.


The trail head is at the Canyon Lake marina parking.  Those lake views are just stunning.


Hiked through canyons the second half and crossed the empty wash a couple times.  The desert was very green this year.  We were surprised by how much shade we had.  It pays to have an early start.


There was an old mine that was filled in near the turn around we took this picture at.  I didn't put it here but Chris rested on an old metal spring bed there.  So random. :)


Tough trail, but that wasn't a surprise to me.  Quite a bit of elevation change. ^ ^ My phone said 1,932.  The All trails app said about 1,800 feet.  Of course the trail does keep going south towards Piralta if you wanted to keep going.  Or you could turn on Second Water trail.

As far as training for the Grand Canyon this is a good one and I'm sure I'll be back again.  Maybe wear leggings/pants for this one.  It can get pokey and less traveled further out.

No comments:

Post a Comment