Monday, November 19, 2012

pies, pies, pies

1/2/3/4
Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday.  It probably has something to do with the fact that sometimes my birthday lands on it.

Here are some other reasons I love Thanksgiving:
♥ the FEAST
♥ it's only a few weeks before Christmas
♥ being able to take a moment (or two) to count my blessings
♥ spending time with family
♥ the Turkey Trot
♥ knowing I'll never be in England for this holiday again (what's the point?!)
♥ going to bed in a sleep coma that night to wake up and shop!

The day before Thanksgiving it's a tradition to get together with my sisters and make pies.  Ever since we bought our house I host have been hosting and I really look forward to it.  In the past there have been years that we had about as many pies as people!  This year our Thanksgiving will be a little smaller so I'm only making pumpkin (my favorite!) and chocolate pudding pie.  It's not just that we really love pies but we love making them together.  It's a tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment