Thursday, September 30, 2021

Pass Mountain trail

 

Two Saturdays ago dad came with me to hike the Pass Mountain trail in Usury Mountain Park.  It goes all the way around the big mountain with the wind cave trail.  I had actually train run it with a few friends a few years ago and we went counter clockwise.

Dad had hiked it many years ago going clockwise which is what we did!  I highly recommend clockwise because the elevation increase is more gradual and if you go first thing in the morning there's a decent amount of shade going out the first several miles and coming back the sun is behind you.



Arizona desert is just so beautiful!  Since we had a good monsoon season this year there were so many shades of green on the trail, and even a few flowers.  Our desert blooms in the spring so it was a surprise to see some flowers this time of year.


This is at the saddle mid trail.  It was a great spot to sit down for some water and snacks and soak in a beautiful view a breath of fresh air.



I started Runkeeper app at the car and we got in nearly 7.5 miles.  I'd say we kept the pace moving comfortably the whole time.  The last mile felt a little long, just wanted to rest but it was good to push myself.  This is a trail I look forward to coming back to many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment