Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Emerald City

 When I first visited Seattle two years ago I had no idea how big a city it was. I mean, look at those skyscrapers!  It's such a cool city but like all big cities it has interesting people, interesting smells, good food, lots to see by just walking around, cool places to go to like museums and unique sights.
 The Market is a must!  So many cool shops to walk around.  There's a fish market, gorgeous flower bouquets, honey, homemade jam, food shops, etc.  Monday morning I enjoyed walking around and grabbing some breakfast.  It was just so nice to go places on my schedule and not worry about the kids.
 This is one of my favorite food stops across from the market.  This is greek yogurt marionberry crumble form Ellenos.  The lemon crumble is also really good!
 Just the prettiest flowers!  And so reasonably priced too.
Since I didn't meet up with Julie and her kids until lunchtime I went to the Seattle Art Museum to pass the time.  Not super kids friendly so once again, it was nice to meander on my own. :)
Ok, this painting was way more amazing and impactful in person but someone was nice enough to take a picture of my next to it.  The green trees, stormy clouds, and waves captured a scene nothing like home in Arizona. 
 Julie was such a trooper to bring all her kids into the city.  This was her first time so I got to show her around a bit.
 Crumpets are very English but it was so nice having them fresh with toppings for lunch!
 Everything was delicious, the only problem was that we all wanted more.
 So we got some Beecher's homemade Mac and Cheese.  Beecher's make yummy cheeses in store, you can even see the big vat they make it in.  Their Mac and Cheese has such a good noodle to sauce balance with a little bit of kick.
 Say hello to the gum wall!  It's actually a gum alley.  Thousands upon thousands of pieces of gum.  Gross, yes, but also fascinating and a tourist must-see.
 The city is right next to water and it was a lovely day!

 This is one of my favorite pictures I took.  Such a beautiful day!
 We hiked up this big hill so I had to take a picture of how strong Josie and Jason were.  It was not easy and they were getting tired of walking everywhere.  I barely made it up!  I'm so out of shape from not working out regularly since early pregnancy.
 Here's the Space Needle.  Andrew and I still haven't got to the top so it's another reason to come back to Seattle some time.  There's a really cool playground the kids played at near the Space Needle while we nursed the little ones and rested our legs in the shade. 
We took a monorail back closer to Julie's car and my hotel at the end to give the kids (and my!) legs a break.  It's a cook way to see a bit of the city in a different way.

1 comment: