Tuesday, July 24, 2018

a good friend and a beautiful city

 Wednesday afternoon Geneva picked me up and took me to her beautiful house.  We were good friends in high school and junior high but our families have been friends for much longer than that.  Geneva is pregnant with her 4th child and it's a girl!  It's kind of funny that her kids are girl/boy/boy/girl and my first four are boy/girl/girl/boy, so they're the opposite.  We love talking design and decorating for her home and discussing our next home projects.  I can't wait to see what wallpaper she'll put in her guest bathroom and am so happy for her for finally painting her master bedroom white.  She's go me all inspired to work on our home more!
 I had a chance to feed her two alpacas, Lips and Coco.  How cool is that?!  They seem so laid back.
 Yes, I even got a kiss from one of them. :)
 Geneva has the coolest family and it was so fun seeing Alecia who was visiting.  Before heading back to the hotel we had to stop by Salt & Straw, of course!
 Wednesday and Thursday morning I had some time to walk around before heading back home.  This is where the Mozcon Conference was held.  Such an interesting piece of architecture.  There seems to be a bit of everything in this city.  I loved walking around and seeing all the different styles.
 Tree lined streets!
 Another Seattle favorite
There's nothing like a fresh crumpet!  I loved that you can see where they make them.
 Pesto, tomatoe, and parm!  We can actually buy crumpets at AJ's, although they aren't fresh, but this is a dish I want to repeat at home.
 Oh those views!  We need to go to the beach more often! ;)
 If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of the Seattle Public Library.  I mean, I already love libraries, but those glass walls are just stunning!
 And I have no words for this building above.  The bottom is half the size as the top?!  It just seems to defy gravity!
 This was a few from the floor of the hotel we stayed in.  That's the water peaking between those two buildings.
Thanks for a great time and good food Seattle!
 Here's a view of Mt. Rainier from the airplane.  Yes, I had a window seat. :)
Mom helped the kids make this welcome home banner.  So sweet!  We were happy to be home, but didn't miss the hot weather. ;)  We are also so grateful to my parents for taking care of the older 4 kids so we could have this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment