Thursday, April 5, 2018

Happy Easter!

 How was your Easter?  This year felt extra special because it was also General Conference.  And a very special conference with Pres. Nelson as our prophet for the first time, and two new apostles, several temples announced, and revelations about Ministering and combining the Elders Quorum and High Priests.  So many exciting things!  I was also able to take notes on every single talk, something that I haven't done in a very long time!
Love this family of mine!

On Saturday the kids dyed their eggs the same why we always do.  With crayons, rubber bands, and simple egg dye.  Elliot liked helping everyone else, giving them artistic tips and ideas and then dyed his all super fast last.  Rupert and Zara liked to get their hands into it and dipping their eggs into multiple colors.  They all took pride in their designs.
First thing Sunday morning the kids woke Andrew and me up to do their Easter egg hunting!  In our family the Easter Bunny hides the hard boiled eggs in the front yard and plastic eggs in the back.
Always counting and to make sure everyone got the same number.



 ^^ Zara got the golden egg this year.  ^^
It has more candy than the others which makes it a little more special. :)
This year we fed the missionaries so I made the Easter dinner a little more special.  Andrew was in charge of the ham and mashed potatoes and I did the rest.  
 ^^ These were Elliot's favorite nest cupcakes. ^^
 Here are the recipes we used:
+ ham (costco)
mashed potatoes
brussell sprouts (we added bacon instead of pancetta)
broccoli casserole (Zara loved this)
carrots
+ rolls (I used my brother's recipe but these are similar)
pineapple fluff (very sweet, I think next time I'll play around with the recipe so it's less sweet)
cupcakes (I made a buttercream frosting instead of the one in this recipe because I'm not a fan of cream cheese frosting.)
Andrew and I both decided the food was good but we prefer more simple flavors so that's what we're going to do next time.
Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment