Sunday, June 16, 2013

fathers in my life

Did you have a good father's day today?  We tried to make it special by making crepes for breakfast, with Nutella!!, of course.  The kids made cards for Andrew two weeks ago and already gave them to him because they couldn't wait.  For dinner we had homemade pizza night with my parents.  
 Andrew is truly such an amazing daddy.
He's the kind of daddy that reads a book to the kids for the 100th time in a row.
He snuggles his kids to sleep every night, not just because they want him to but because he wants to.
He is the comic relief in tense moments.
He is constantly teaching me to be silly and not take things too seriously and I love him for it.
 When we went to California this spring (still haven't posted those pics yet!) my parents came and I got to spend some time with my Dad, just the two of us, in CA Adventure for his first time.  We had a blast!  Dad is probably the only one that would go on that roller coaster with me.  We just made some great memories that I will treasure.  My Dad always teaches me patience.
Neville, my father-in-law is such a fun person to be around.  He excels in telling "pub" jokes and has such a big heart.  Full of integrity and an intense love of rugby league.  He's silly on the surface but I thank him for Andrew's intelligence.

There are some wonderful men in my life, including my brothers, and I hope they know how much I appreciate and love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment