Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Saguaro trail on MLK

 

MLK day is one of those days the kids don't have school but Andrew works.  The weather was perfect for a hike and I wanted to try a new trail I just heard of so that's what we did!  Grandpa came along as well as Sara and her two boys, Joseph and Sterling.  


Above is where we stopped for snacks and water and turned back to the car.  It was a fork and we could have kept going but only planned on a couple miles.  Apparently we passed the mineshaft on near the entrance but most of us missed it.  Grandpa, Sara, and Avery explored it for a bit though.  


Such a beautiful day!  We hike south of the salt river not far from Coon Bluff.





Here's a quick look at the trail in my  Run Keeper app.  Just under 2 1/2 miles and a decent increase in elevation going out.  Since one of my goals are to hike a new trail each month I'm going to use this space to help keep track of them for future reference.

It's great finding new hikes to do with the kids, but I also want to find some new long ones that will help me train for the Grand Canyon and this area is great because it's close and has some trails that are new to me.

There were quite a few mountain bikers on this trail which was cool.  Mountain biking is something I interested in trying but this trail is too advanced to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment