Thursday, January 21, 2021

park time and some faves

 

Lacey Pitts came to play this afternoon!  We took her to the park during Avery's piano lesson and it felt so good.  Just have't been to parks much the last year because of covid.  This is Candlelight Park, probably the nearest park to our house.


The kids thrived running around and playing in the sand and on the swings.  It really felt . . .  normal.

Here are a couple favorite things on my radar lately:

1. I recently started following this photography couple instagram account and they shared about a recent shoot of Don Bluth, and incredible retired Disney animator who actually lives in Arizona.  He's a legend, and os very talented.

2. Saw these cookie sheets online and they seem so fancy.  A little pricey but they would be such a pretty investment.

3. When Beatrix grows out of her crib I was thinking about getting a triple bunk bed for the girl's room.  This one looks like a good value, and I prefer wood beds to metal.  Either a triple, or just a double bunk bed with a trundle.

4. Not even close to swim season but I have a thing for swimsuits.  Saw this J.Crew one which I have in blue.  Would love to have it in purple too, mine is wearing out. 

5. Andrew gave me the ok to get a new lens for my camera.  The only thing is I have my eye on two and can't decided which.  My zoom lens came with the camera and is poor quality, comparatively.  I love my 50mm but a 30mm would also be really nice.  Been doing some research and one of my favorite blogs was a good resource and has me leaning towards a 24-70mm (like this one) which is what they use most of the time.  Then Tell the Birds, who's photography I admire, say they mostly use their 35mm lens for their shoots.  Think I need to do a little more research. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment