Sunday, April 25, 2021

Butcher Jones


It's been a long time since we went to the lake!  We skipped last year with covid so I think it's been two years.  I gave Andrew a kayak for Christmas, very off season, so he's waited this long to give it a go.

He had one before but this one is inflatable and ended up being pretty quick getting it ready.  It was on the water the whole time as we all took turns taking it out on the water.  It's a two man but we squeezed three on for a couple trips. :)

The temperatures where just right.  Butcher Jones is a popular area so it got pretty busy by the time we left but there was plenty of space, especially in the water.  The water was on the cold side, just what to expect in April, but we still got in the water.  Maybe not all the way but it felt nice.





I gained some stress weight last year with quarantine/covid and made some bad eating habits so I'm getting used to this body.  I definitely feel better thinner but running regularly has helped.  Also loving my new swimsuit.  I've had several Jcrew swimsuits and they never disappoint.  Good fit, good quality.  This is the swimsuit I have now.








Above is right before we left, all those people.  Elliot and Rupert were working on a fortress made from rocks and sand right up until we left.

We look forward to taking the kayak out again!  We really could do with a couple more so our whole family could go out at the same time, or we could go down the river.  We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment