Tuesday, April 9, 2019

General Conference



      Do you watch General Conference this past weekend?  It's one of my favorite weekends of the year!  It's exciting, inspiring, and has a way of bringing a balance back in my life.  It gives me direction and focus on what's most important.  Having said that I also walk away feeling a little overwhelmed.  So much to do.  Such a long way to go to be who I want to be, etc... 

       For the next 6 months I decided to focus on what the prophet, and other speakers talked about: repentance.  It's a word that often as a negative connotation.  Repentance sounds hard and dirty.  Well, it's actually a beautiful thing.  We can use the Atonement every day if we choose to help heal us!  We can do this!  We all sin and need the Atonement. :)

While watching conference it's nice to take it easy.  We painted nails, the girls did my hair, they did paper crafts and I made cinnamon rolls!


 
Andrew had some summer sausage left from Christmas he brought out and everyone went to town eating sausage, cheese, grapes, and apples.  We might need to make a charcuterie board a regular every conference weekend.  It would balance out the cinnamon rolls. ;)


It looks like Avery cut Rupert's hair but she was actually just styling it after I cut it.  Not pictured is our date we squeezed in between the sessions.  Best idea ever!  And of course, this was Dillion and Elliot's first time at the Priesthood Session.  We had pulled pork potluck at 4:00 and the men/boys left and got a treat after per usual.

So excited for Elliot in this new season in his life with the Priesthood and being a Deacon and going to the temple.  What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment