Saturday, April 13, 2019

a girls night


This weekend is Father's and sons campout which means Andrew takes Elliot and Rupert and I get to spend time with only Avery, Zara, and Beatrix.  Girls night!  With Avery's birthday tomorrow I knew I wanted celebrate her a little bit all weekend because Sunday birthdays can be a little disappointing without a little planning.  No food freebies on Sunday.  We started out at the Hallmark store before dinner.  The girls really love this place!



Next we went to Bath & Body Works.  Another favorite!  The girls especially love to try all the soaps and spray some glitter spray on their arms and hair.

 

^ ^ Look at those toes! ^ ^                         ^ ^They were handing out these cute bunny headbands. ^ ^

 

We are signed up for Grimaldi's free birthday pizza so this is a regular on birthday weeks.  This pizza looks as big as Avery!  I got myself a gluten free pizza which I've tried a couple times and can recommend!

 

After pizza Zara fell asleep on the way to Scottsdale to check out the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art.  We went because I got a free pass from the library but I thought it was a different museum until we got there.  I should have known by the name that it wouldn't have kid friendly.  Even I wasn't that impressed.  The exhibit was a series of rooms with video art.  I can see how it would be interesting to an art student or a philosopher but it wasn't the light, fun activity I was looking for.


 

The lobby was by far the highlight of the experience!  These spinning chairs and accent wall were so cool!  There was also this dome room (in the photo with the concrete wall) where you can look up at the sky above.  It had amazing acoustics!   We were glad we went but mostly looked forward to cozying up on the couch for a movie (Spy Kids).

Right now the girls are wrapping up Saturday chores before heading out for some more girl time fun! I hope you have some fun weekend plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment