Monday, March 29, 2021

lucky yard sale finds

Sara called me last Friday to tell me about a yard sale she went to.  There were clarinets for sale and she wondered if we were interested for Elliot.  Yes!  Andrew and I were just talking about this last week.  We have been renting a clarinet from Milanos the last 5 years or so and the rent has added up to over $1000.  More than enough to buy.

Dad came to the yard sale with me and there were many band instruments for sale since the lady selling is a retired band teacher and has her own in-home repair shop.  In the end I ended up buying a clarinet for Elliot for $300 which will last him through high school and had new pads and was polished.  I also got a great brand flute for Zara, who wants to start band this summer, for $175.  Both instruments will hold their value in years to come as long as they're taken care of and are better instruments than ones we would rent and makes more financial sense in the long run so we're really happy about this!

Avery started flute about a month ago until the end of the school year and is using a school flute so she's been showing Zara how to put a flute together and how to make a sound (always hard on a flute in the beginning).  Rupert is feeling a little left out and wants his own instrument too, so I'm glad he's looking forward to when he's old enough to join school band or orchestra.



 Music is very important to me and I love seeing my kids choose their own instruments and learn to read music too.

No comments:

Post a Comment