Tuesday, June 6, 2017

summer slumber

I am fortunate to have good nappers.  Zara and Rupert both take naps most days which is great for being a 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old.  Elliot and Avery napped until kindergarten and even occasionally afterwards.  I loved seeing Avery zonk out on my bed this afternoon.  Later she asked me why she fell asleep and I told her sometimes our bodies just need to catch up!  Swim lessons, cousins over, and bedtime being more loose all lead to a little nap every now and again.  Love my sleeping babies.  Watching them sleep never gets old.

One of our goals this year is to improve our curb appeal.  Several weeks ago we had our big dying tree in the front yard chopped down.  We finally got all the wood cleared and I started watering the grass like crazy because it was yellow and brown and so sad looking.  Next is getting a gate on the side of our house.  Bro.  Lopez is helping us make that happen.
We can't wait to have a gate so the younger kids can play in the backyard and jump on the trampoline without me worrying about them going out in front or on the street.

Our next curb appeal plans include removing our boulders, taking down the older planter and putting two new ones made of brick, repairing the sprinklers, and finally planting some greenery!  It's time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment